AIM Now Offering COVID-19 Antibody Testing in Naples, Florida
Why is COVID-19 antibody testing so important and how can it protect my family?
If you are actively ill, recovering, or if you suspect have already had COVID-19 but have no way of knowing for sure, your body will display some antibody immune response following exposure. The test Naples AIM will offer to new and existing patients shows the progression of someone infected through all three stages.
Some thoughts from Dr. Potter on simple things that really do work when battling the COVID-19 virus:
1. Staying inside works (there is evidence that this is working to decrease the number of people infected).
2. Remember, the virus can’t infect you if it can’t find you.
3. The virus is easy to kill outside the body which is why simply washing our hands frequently and sanitizing countertops are also effective methods.
4. Proper sleep, rest, and hygiene are important (our bodies reset when we sleep and that includes our immune and hormonal systems).
5. Excessive alcohol intake weakens the immune system and disrupts good sleep patterns (but you already knew I was going to say that).
6. Face masks or simple bandanas are now being recommended by the CDC to as a way to decrease transmission when out in public.
More about the test
- Naples AIM’s testing partner has developed a novel test for COVID-19. The COVID-19 panel is a highly sensitive and accurate serum assay for viral antibodies.
- Our test was internally developed and validated according to FDA EUA requirements. The independent review of this validation by the FDA is pending. This test does not require confirmation by CDC prior to reporting results
- The COVID-19 ImmuneCheck looks specifically for IgM, IgA, and IgG antibodies against the spike proteins and 4 viral antigens of Covid-19 that will help assess your immunity against this novel virus
How the test results are displayed.